How to Book Your Date
- Start by clicking Check Availability/ Save the Date above.
- Using the interactive wedding calendar, select your preferred date. Please note that this is not a guarantee of availability.
- Complete the Ceremony Information form, taking care to confirm the accuracy of each field.
- After you complete and submit the form, it will be sent to your wedding coordinator, who will then reach out to you. Feel free to contact our wedding team at any time.
- Once your ceremony space has been approved, you will be granted a three (3) day courtesy hold. To confirm your ceremony date, a $650 USD payment is required.
- Ceremonies can be booked up to 30 days prior to your requested date. Ceremonies booked within 60 days will result in an additional fee.
- Once your wedding has been booked and confirmed a payment plan will be established.
- You may purchase additional package items through your account at any time up to 30 days prior to your ceremony. After that time, please contact your wedding coordinator to add more items and make payments.
- Final payment towards your ceremony total must be made no later than 30 days prior to your date.
- Only one (1) ceremony is held per day.
Marriage License Application Requirements & Instructions
To obtain a Virgin Islands Marriage License, at least 8 business days before your arrival in the Virgin Islands, you must submit your Marriage License Application & Certificate of Marriage Form, along with a money order or certified check payable to the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands for $200. (This includes the cost of the Application and the License. Each are $100.)
The bride and groom must pick up their own marriage license, in person, from the Courthouse in St. Thomas prior to the wedding day. You must bring a Photo ID to receive the license!
When filling out the form, use full, legal names (no abbreviations.) The document will be notarized by Virgin Islands court. The application must be filled out electronically, then printed and sent. If you have been married before, you must provide Certified Copies of a Divorce or Death Certificate. This will not be returned to you, so do not send your originals. A certified copy means that a notarized seal from the courthouse that issued the divorce is on the last page of the Divorce Decree. Call the lawyer that assisted with the divorce or the Courthouse that issued the Decree to get your court certified copy. A $200 money order or certified cashier's check, payable to the Superior Court of the V.I. A letter to the Court stating your dates of arrival and departure, the date and location of your wedding ceremony, and my name. Reverend Juliet Roberts affiliated with Universal Life Church.
Mail the application, fees and any necessary documents to: Superior Court of the Virgin Islands Family Division P.O. Box 70 St. Thomas, USVI 00804
If you want to overnight express mail your application and necessary documents, use the following physical address: Superior Court of the Virgin Islands Family Division 5400 Veterans Drive St. Thomas, USVI 00802
Two weeks after mailing your Marriage License Application, call the Clerk's office at (340) 774-6680 and ask for the Family Division. Confirm that the Court received your application and ask for your Marriage License Confirmation number. This confirms the license is ready to be picked up upon your arrival to St. Thomas.
Hours of operation at the Superior Court: Monday - Friday from 8AM until 5PM Saturday from 10AM until 12 Noon Sunday and Holidays by appointment only. After the wedding ceremony, we will take the licence to the courthouse to obtain two (2) court certified copies of your marriage license. We will mail the certified copies to your home address, which should be received within two weeks.
- For a $99 concierge fee we will hand deliver the license application to the court house paying the $200 fee and making sure everything is in order when you pick up your license after your arrival. We will simply add the $299 to your wedding package.
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays are by appointment only and will cost an additional $150.00